Comparison Made Easy
Choosing insurance can be complicated, confusing and time consuming. Calling multiple insurers, comparing quotes, filling out endless forms.
Choosi makes comparing and applying for insurance simple. Whether it’s health, life, funeral, income, or pet insurance you’re after, their simple tools and comparison service makes it easy for consumers to choose the right brand and policy for them.
Our challenge was to create a new customer facing platform with online tools and utilities so that consumers could seek even faster, detailed, and more personalised advice from Choosi based on their personal situation.
The current site was designed in a conventional format aimed at desktop users only.
The primary objectives for the project were to:
- develop a fully responsive site that adapts to deliver a viewing experience optimised for the viewing device including desktop, tablet and mobile; and
- deliver a visual redesign and improved navigation experience that increases performance as a lead generation engine
We began the journey with a four-week Discovery Process that included interviews with the sales teams at Choosi, the stake-holders and management, along with discussion around technical scoping with the Choosi Marketing team.
An intensive User Centred Design process followed, with Pusher’s UXLab tools being put to use in a series of consumer facing interviews and focus groups who were carefully selected to represent the range of target demographics to understand the full lifecycle users go through to research, select and apply for an insurance policy.
At the same time, we also conducted a heuristic review of the current site to understand key usability issues of the existing page designs.
We also completed:
- workplace observation
- in depth one-on-one user interviews
- a complete review of site usage statistics
- best practice benchmarking
- design of personas
- design and testing of user flow journeys
- clickable prototypes
- prototype testing and amends
The new website is now responsive for desktop, tablet and mobile, with the optimal size being for mobile – as that’s where most comparisons start. A new creative look and feel has completely transformed the brand presence online.
Since the launch of phase 1 the new design has resulted in:
- greater ease of use for the site
- reduced frustration and increased satisfaction
- enhanced credibility and trust of the brand
- closer alignment with business goals
- a scalable platform and design to further enhance the user experience in phase 2 of the redesign project